Who are we?
Treated Australia is an online telehealth platform that connects patients with Australian registered medical practitioners and pharmacists. We provide:
- Access to online and telehealth consultations with Australian registered medical practitioners (Partner Practitioner/s);
- Access to prescription and non-prescription medicine through Australian registered pharmacists (Partner Pharmacies);
- Ongoing subscription services (script refills); and
- General health information (Services).
Eve Adam Australia is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which incorporates the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Your personal information is information or an opinion about you, whether true or not, which identifies you or from which your identity is reasonably identifiable.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a lawful and fair manner, and not in an intrusive way. We will generally collect your personal information directly from you. Our Partner Practitioners or Partner Pharmacies may also collect and hold your personal information (including your health information) which may be disclosed to us.
We will collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you visit the Website and sign up as a subscriber to Eve Adam Australia content;
- when you create an Eve Adam Australia user account (Account);
- when you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our Website;
- when you contact us via telephone;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically), including when you complete our online form, email us, text us, contact us through the Website or write to us;
- automatically when you navigate through the Website;
- through any mobile applications provided by our organisation;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- when administering any of our services; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
We will collect the personal information you indirectly give to Partner Practitioners or Partner Pharmacies as follows:
- when you attend an online consultation with a Partner Practitioner or Partner Pharmacies through the Website. Your treating practitioner will make, hold and maintain your medical records as required by law. With your written consent, Eve Adam Australia will also securely hold copies of your medical records on behalf of Partner Practitioners and Partner Pharmacies. Any health information held by Eve Adam Australia will be managed in accordance with the Health Records and Information Privacy Act NSW (2002) or the equivalent State privacy legislation;
- when you undergo tests recommended by a Partner Practitioner. Your results will be passed to Eve Adam Australia so that we can facilitate a follow-up appointment with your Partner Practitioner.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect can include (but are not limited to), your name, postal address, billing address, shipping address, email address, contact phone numbers, driver's licence number (or other government-issued identification information), date of birth, credit or debit card details (for payment purposes only), images and/or videos of you, your device ID, IP address, referring/exit pages, chat, email and telephone communications you may send to Partner Practitioners or our customer care team, error information, statistics on page views, traffic, standard web log-in information, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, details of the services and providers you make enquiries about, and, if applicable, employment information.
We will also collect and hold sensitive health information about you, such as your medical history, biometrics (including height, weight and fingerprints , current medications and any information you provide to Partner Practitioners and/or Partner Pharmacies. We only collect sensitive health information about you with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
Children under 18 years of age
The Website is not intended to be used by or for children under the age of 18. No one may provide information about a person under the age of 18 through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information about or from children under 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information relating to a child under 18 years of age has been uploaded to the Website, that information will be deleted. If you believe we may have been provided with personal information relating to a child under 18 years of age, please contact us immediately.
Our purposes for handling your personal information
We collect, hold and use personal information to:
- offer and provide you with our goods and services, including the Website;
- manage and administer those goods and services, including account keeping procedures;
- provide facilities to Partner Practitioners and Partner Practitioners using Eve Adam Australia so that they can consult with you;
- communicate with you about, including (but not limited to), the services you have sought or a matter at the request of a Partner Practitioner or Partner Pharmacy, changes to services provided through the Website, information you have requested from us, email you tax invoices, dispatch and track information, manage returns and exchange authorisations;
- send you marketing or promotional information in relation to Eve Adam Australia or any of Eve Adam Australia's group companies or business partners that might be of interest to you;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- consider your application for employment (if applicable);
- otherwise to manage our business; and
- any other purpose reasonably related to the purpose for which we have collected it.
We may collect, hold and use personal information for other purposes with your consent.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information between our organisations or to third parties such as our suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
- Partner Practitioners;
- Partner Pharmacies;
- Cloud service providers; and
- Payment system operators, including Trust Payments
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To fulfil the purpose for which you have provided your personal information to us;
- To an entity we merge with, acquire or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- To comply with our legal obligations; and
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information to the best of our ability. This also applies to disposal of personal information. We use encryption technology to secure information sent and received by us.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. If you set up an Account, you are responsible for keeping your Account password confidential.
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to Users at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with Users and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us;
- Logging onto your Account Preferences page; or
- By contacting our Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
Overseas transfers of personal information
We may disclose personal information between our related bodies corporate, where permitted under the Privacy Act. We currently operate out of offices in the United Kingdom and have personnel working remotely around the world. We therefore may disclose personal information to our associated entities and personnel in a number of countries.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business. We will take reasonable steps to ensure our related bodies corporate do not breach the Privacy Act. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
Leylands Business Park
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0)333 050 0111
If you would like to speak to us, or you have any questions about our website, please get in touch using the details below:
Post: EveAdam Health PTY. LTD, Suite 2 Bayswater Road, Potts Point, NSW 2011
Email: [email protected]
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
The last update to this document was July 2022 (reviewed by Webcare).